What better place to experience education, naturally, than in the wooded wonderlands of Maine!
The Unity Campus
Unity College sits on 225 acres of fields and woodlands overlooking Lake Winnecook—also known as Unity Pond—in the village of Unity, Maine, home to 1,800 friendly folks.
Our campus makes it easy for faculty to expand your learning opportunities beyond traditional classrooms and labs by offering field experiences, service learning, internships, and study-abroad semesters.
From Maine’s western mountains to its rocky Atlantic coast, the rich natural heritage of our region enhances Unity’s academic programs and offers a lot of outdoor fun!
As one of the outstanding vacation destinations in the United States, our state offers endless outdoor recreational activities in all seasons. You won’t need to go far to find great adventures!
In and around Unity
- Belfast & Moosehead Lake Railroad
- CommUnity Trails
- Field of Dreams: baseball and soccer fields, basketball and tennis courts, walking path
- Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (MOFGA) and the nationally recognized Common Ground Country Fair
- Sunkhaze Meadows National Wildlife Refuge
- Unity College Center for the Performing Arts
- Unity Farmers’ Market
- Unity Historical Society
- Unity Pond: fishing, boating, swimming
- Unity Pond Pottery
- Unity Raceway
Within a one-hour drive
- Augusta: Maine State Museum, Old Fort Western, The Viles Arboretum
- Belgrade Lakes: boating, camping, fishing
- Camden Hills State Park: mountains, ocean recreation
- Freeport: home to L.L. Bean and more than 50 major outlet stores
- Rockland: Farnsworth Museum, windjammer tours
Within a two-hour drive
- Acadia National Park: Mt. Desert Island, Schoodic Point, trails
- Baxter State Park and Mt. Katahdin
- Georgetown: Reid State Park, beach
- Greenville: Moosehead Lake, boating, hunting, fishing, snowmobiling
- Phippsburg: Popham Beach
- Port Clyde: ferry to Monhegan Island
- Portland’s Old Port historic district
- Rangeley Lakes skiing and recreation
- Sebago Lake State Park: boating, swimming, camping
- Sugarloaf and Sunday River ski resorts
Closer than you think. Unity is only three and a half hours from Boston, six hours from western Vermont, and an easy day’s drive from New York City. Make tracks!