A variety of outdoor-focused certifications are available through Unity College, including:
- Wilderness First Responder Re-Certification. This two-day recertification course can be used to recertify a Wilderness Medical Associates’ Wilderness Advanced First Aid, Wilderness First Responder, or Wilderness EMT. The course runs March 16 - 18, 2013. The fee for Unity students/employees is $200, and $300 for non-Unity College participants. Please note that this course is off campus and no meals will be provided. For more information on Wilderness Medical Associates, please visit www.wildmed.com.
- American Canoe Association (ACA) Lake, River, and Class I Whitewater Instructor. Entry-level standard for professional outdoor workers. Covers basic paddling strokes, types of equipment, life jackets, camping, and more.
- Forest Protection Officer. Covers information required to gain entry-level positions with the U.S. Forest Service anywhere in the country.
- Leave No Trace (LNT) Instructor. Teaches best practices when using the wilderness for adventure and recreation. Trainer and Master certifications available.
- National Association for Interpretation / Interpretive Guide and Host. Study of natural and cultural heritage, with tasks and exam leading to four-year certification.
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR). Required for professional positions in adventure education or adventure therapy. Covers wilderness first-aid medical safety.