The Writing Center is an academic support service where trained consultants work collaboratively with students to offer feedback on their written or oral communication, an important step in anyone’s communication process. As consultants and students work together to review the communication, they arrive at new insights, and a plan for moving forward with the communication emerges.
What type of communication does the Writing Center help with?
A wide range of genres, including, but not limited to:
- Lab reports
- Literature reviews
- Conference posters
- Creative writing
- Resumes/Cover letters
- Oral presentations
- Scholarship essays
What can a student expect from a Writing Center consultation?
The Writing Center staff will:
- Work collaboratively on any element of your communication process
- Respect your authority as the creator of the communication
- Help you identify communication strengths and weaknesses
- Help you develop strategies for improving your communication skills
- Respect the confidentiality of all consultations
Drop in or contact the Director, Judy Williams, for an appointment at 207-948-9165 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday through Thursday: 10:00 am to 12:00 noon and 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
The Writing Center is located in the lower level of the Dorothy W. Quimby Library.