We have assembled a collection of great resources to help guide and inform you about the wide array of student financial options and opportunities.
The Unity College CashCourse provides resources and tools to help students learn financial basics: budgeting, managing your money, protecting your credit, and much more. It’s brought to you via partnership with the National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE).
Financial aid resources
- The Office of Federal Student Aid provides information on applying for federal aid, types of aid, and repaying loans. 800-4-FED-AID (800-433-3243)
- FAFSA4caster, a tool provided on the Federal Student Aid website, is a federal aid estimator, particularly helpful for high school sophomores and juniors.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application for federal aid. In addition, many states and colleges use your FAFSA information to determine your eligibility for state and school aid. 800-4-FED-AID (800-433-3243)
- Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) helps Maine students and families meet the costs of college through a variety of loan, grant, and scholarship programs. 800-228-3734
- FinAid! is a website that offers students and parents comprehensive information, advice, and tools relating to financial aid.
- FastWeb is FinAid!’s scholarship search service.
- College View is a website providing information and services for students, parents, counselors, and college admissions staff.
- Scholarships, Loans, Financial Aid & the FAFSA information from Peterson’s college services. 877-433-8277
- Scholarships.com is a website offering information and services for students, parents, counselors, and college admissions staff.
- College tool kit is a website providing students with scholarship searches, college searches, and career exploration tools.
- EduPASS, a sister site to FinAid!, provides information for international students who want to study in the United States.
- About Financial Aid, for students, parents, and counselors, is from the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- bigfuture, by the College Board, is a website providing information on finding colleges, exploring careers, applying to colleges, and paying for college.
- FastAid is an online scholarship search service.
Minority student resources
- The Gates Millennium Scholars Program selects 1,000 outstanding African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American, and Hispanic American students each year to receive good-through-graduation scholarships. 877-690-4677
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund provides scholarship opportunities for deserving Latino students, as well as outreach and educational programming to help Latino students and their families with the college process. 877-473-4636
- Japanese American Citizen League (JACL) awards scholarships to JACL members based on their involvement in the JACL and other criteria. JACL membership is open to everyone of any ethnic background. 415-345-1075
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) provides educational advocacy, as well as student counseling services at sixteen regional centers. 202-833-6130
- United Negro College Fund manages scholarship, fellowship, and internship programs to help students afford college. 800-331-2244