If you’re concerned about debt and college costs running past your anticipated graduation date, we offer an option to help you keep your budget in check. We call it the Four-Year Graduation Guarantee, and it’s our pledge to you—a new student of Unity College—to guarantee your graduation in four years, provided you meet the required terms.
Consider the Four-Year Graduation Guarantee a partnership in which we work together to keep your academics on track and finances in check.
If you chose to participate in the Four-Year Graduation Guarantee, you’ll work with your academic advisor to ensure you understand the following requirements and how to proceed.
1. Enroll as an incoming freshman in a fall semester prepared to take math at the level of Precalculus, Elementary Statistics, or Calculus I.
2. Choose a single major during freshman year and stay with that major for four years. Double majors or single majors with a minor are not guaranteed in four years.
3. Work closely with academic advisors to develop a four-year curricular plan that is complete and accurate.
4. Preregister on the correct assigned day for each of the eight semesters.
5. When a course is not available, notify the registrar’s office prior to pre-registration.
6. Complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of credit each year for four years.
7. Monitor your own progress and seek advice from your advisor.
8. Maintain good academic standing as determined by the College.
- Earn grades sufficient to enroll in the next level of required courses in order to avoid repeating courses.
- Stay off academic probation, as students placed on academic probation are not in good standing.
- Keep your curricular plan up to date based on courses completed each semester.
9. Submit a request for a formal degree check by the end of your fifth semester.
10. Apply for graduation by the appropriate deadline.
Unity College will make special arrangements if you are unable to enroll in courses that permit graduation in four years.
1. If you would be unable to graduate in four years due to the unavailability of a course, the College will allow you to substitute a different course (or courses) or will waive the requirement.
2. If our inability to provide this course delays graduation beyond four years, the College will pay the tuition for any additional required courses at Unity College, provided you have met all the expectations listed above.
These requirements apply to the guarantee only and not to any specific graduation requirements.
Declaring a Major
Many students declaring a major later than the first semester, as well as students who change majors (even more than once), will often still be able to graduate from Unity College within four years. However, students declaring a major after freshman year are not guaranteed to graduate in four years.
Is This Right for Me?
The Four-Year Graduation Guarantee is not for everyone. Not all students are in a position to graduate in four years. Some may need or prefer to work more hours and attend school part time. Others may just choose a different pace or the opportunity to take a wider range of courses that are not directly related to their field of study. This program is designed for those who want to complete their degree program as quickly as possible.
For help deciding if the Four-Year Graduation Guarantee is right for you—or to ask about signing up for this option, contact Unity College Admissions.