DC: Snow fort Construction
Sunday, February 9, 2014 - 12:00am to Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:00am
During winter carnival week, from Monday, February 10th to Friday, February 14th Dean’s Cup teams will compete in a snow fort construction contest at the Amphitheater field. Hopefully the snow storms this week will deliver enough snow to Unity College and Snow Fort Czar Stephen Nason has requested Maintenance to pile up piles of snow in the amphitheater field to be used for the snow construction. The snow forts will be judged by the snow fort czar and his deputy czars on a ten point scale on the following criteria:
- Artistic Value
The Rules for the Snow Fort Construction Contest are as follows:
- Snow fort construction teams must conduct themselves according to the points of the student creed of integrity, community, respect and environment while constructing their snow forts.
- Stephen Nason, the snow fort czar, is the final arbiter of any controversies or questions that may arise.
- Work on each fort is limited to team members. Hiring of professional Snow Fort construction engineers is prohibited.
- Construction materials are limited to snow and ice, except for a flag pole at the top of the fort. Flag poles must display an appropriate flag. No wood, rebar, sheet metal, corrugated or other foreign materials are permitted. Any coloring must be non-toxic and safe to the environment. Chemical spills and other environment harming actions are greatly frowned upon by the snow fort czar.
- Snow forts cannot include caves, quinzies, or any overhead enclosures or ceilings. Snow forts may include a tower, but the tower must be a solid construction and not taller than the snow fort czar.
- Snow forts cannot violate the college’s harassment or sexual harassment policy. Pornography representations in or on forts are prohibited.
- Any interference with or damage to one team’s snow fort construction by members of other teams will cause disqualification of the violator’s fort. Individuals, who damage snow forts finished or under construction, will be subject to the college’s judicial process.
- Snow fort construction may not begin before 8:00 A.M. on Monday February 10th and must be complete by 10:00 A.M. on Friday February 14th .
- Judging of the Snow Forts will begin at 10:00 A.M. Friday on February 14th by the snow fort czar and his deputy czars.