Founder of Outdoor Afro
Commencement will be on May 14, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. in the gym.
Seating: Seating is first-come, first-served. There are seats in the bleachers or on the floor in chairs. If you or your guests need special seating accommodations, contact Kate Gilbert as soon as possible. Gym doors will open approximately 1 hour before the ceremony. There are tickets for this event. Each graduate will receive 7 tickets for their guests.
Tickets: Each graduate will receive 7 tickets for their guests. Graduates do not need a ticket for themselves. Graduates will pick up their tickets with their regalia in the Campus Store. Graduates must sign for and indicate the number of tickets they plan to use. Graduates can trade tickets amongst themselves. Approximately 14 days prior to Commencement an email notice will be sent to any graduate who hasn’t picked up regalia or tickets. Regalia and tickets MUST be picked up approximately 10 days prior to the event. Any remaining tickets at that time will be redistributed on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be available up to three days prior to the event. Tickets must be presented at the door to gain entrance to the ceremony. Anyone wishing to leave and re-enter will need to request a ticket for re-entry. Seating is first-come, first-served and is comprised of bleachers and floor folding chairs. Individuals with mobility issues or in need of handicapped seating should contact Kate Gilbert no later than May 1 with their seating requests.
Accommodations: A list of local accommodations is available. We recommend that you make arrangements as soon as possible.
Parking: As they approach campus, guests will be directed to the nearest available parking by college personnel. Handicapped parking is available near the gym.
There will be light beverages available before and after the ceremony for all guests. Graduates should be on campus in regalia no later than 10:15 a.m. on Saturday, May 14. The ceremony lasts approximately an hour and a half.
Schedule of Events (Hours and events are subject to change)
Thursday, May 12
- Senior BBQ. 11:00 a.m. in the tent , located outside of the Student Activities Building. All seniors, Unity College employees, and any family and friends of graduates are invited to a senior BBQ and award ceremony. Attire: business casual. Please RSVP to Kate Gilbert (email@example.com or 207.509.7121) by May 1.
Saturday, May 14, 2015
- Bookstore Open 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. in Founders Hall North. Find diploma frames, mugs, shirts, or other Unity memorabilia and collectables here!
- Family and Friends Brunch 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. in Wyman Commons. All seniors and guests of graduates are invited to a morning Brunch. Please RSVP to Kate (firstname.lastname@example.org or 207.509.7121) by May 1.
- Graduate Line up and Class Photo 10:20 a.m. at the Koons Hall Parking Lot (rain location TBD) All graduates should report to the area in regalia for processional line-up.
- Commencement 11:00 a.m. – doors open at 10 a.m. in the Tozier Gymnasium. Seating is first-come, first-served. Tickets are required.
- Reception immediately following Commencement Ceremony in the tent, located outside of the Student Activities Building.