Transferring to Unity College

Watch Now
The aquaculture lab includes one of the largest collections of soft and hard corals grown on-site in Maine, using sustainable frag mounts created by Unity College staff and students.

Unity College welcomes students who come from community colleges as well as public and private colleges and universities and are interested in transferring. We’ll make sure your transfer goes smoothly, and that you receive maximum credit for post-secondary accomplishments. We’re glad you’re considering transferring to America’s Environmental College. 

Transfer to Unity College - Application ButtonTransferring Credits to Unity College

Transfer students in good academic standing may be awarded up to 90 credit hours towards a Unity College bachelor’s degree from previous institutions. Courses counting as electives may not exceed 40 credit hours. Students must have earned a “C” or higher in order for the credit to be accepted in transfer. 

Courses offered for transfer should be comparable to courses at Unity College, but other courses will be considered if appropriate to the student’s program of study. 

Please contact Eric Farrell at / 207-509-7119 if you have any questions regarding credit transfer or take a look at the FAQs.

Scholarships and Financial Aid for Transfer Students

Unity College offers two kinds of merit-based scholarships for qualifying transfer students: the Transfer-Trustee Scholarship offering up to $10,000 per year, and the Transfer Scholarship giving up to $8,000 per year. In addition, transfer students may qualify for personalized financial aid packages based on their personal need. 

Get your Bachelor’s Degree in Two Years

Transfer students who have already completed an Associate’s Degree at an accredited institution may qualify for completion of a bachelor’s degree in just two years. For those who qualify, Unity College offers automatic acceptance: 

  • Have an Associate’s degree (60 credits) from an accredited institution.
  • Achieved a 2.5 GPA or higher.
  • Taken and received a C or better in a college level math course.

Transfer students will have to submit an official transcript to be automatically accepted. 

Application Deadlines for Transfer Students

Transfer students (fall admission) - June 15

Transfer students (spring admission) - December 15

The above dates are recommended to guarantee placement for accepted students. Transfer student applications may be considered on a case-by-case basis beyond these dates, if space is available. 

The Transfer Student Application Process

Step 1: Review and Plan for Application Requirements

To begin the application process, first carefully review the application requirements below and prepare to complete and gather all necessary information and documentation:

  • The Unity College Online Application for Admission 
  • All college/university transcripts (and a high school transcript, if you earned fewer than 15 credits in college) 
  • 1 letter of recommendation

Step 2: Complete Your Online Application

Once you’ve reviewed the application requirements and understand what’s involved, you’re ready to complete the online application form. Applying to Unity College is free. There are two options to apply online:

Unity College Online Application »

Common App Online Application » 

Step 3: Submit Supporting Documentation

After you’ve completed and submitted your application, request an official transcript from all colleges/universities previously attended and currently enrolled in.  Also, please submit one letter of recommendation from a professor, advisor, or work supervisor.  All items can be sent to the address below:

Unity College Admissions
40 Quaker Hill Road
Unity, Maine

Tel: 1-800-624-1024
Fax: 207-512-1212

Step 4: Applying for Financial Aid (Optional)

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed if you would like to apply for federal loans and grants. You should fill out this form as soon as possible so that the financial aid office can provide you with a personalized financial aid package, as well as financing options. 

Contact Us

Unsure whether you can transfer your credits and if you can get financial aid? Let Eric Farrell,  Assistant Director of Admissions - Transfer Counselor, give you some practical and friendly help: 

Eric Farrell
Assistant Director of Admissions - Transfer Counselor 

Top Banner