Public Safety and Crisis Management Institute
June 21 - 22, 2018
Save the Date! The Public Safety and Crisis Management Institute at Unity College – Thursday, June 21 and Friday, June 22, 2018.
The Public Safety and Crisis Management Institute at Unity College will introduce, educate and expand leaders’ knowledge base to assist them with responding and managing crisis situations to meet the needs of the constituents and communities they serve. Additionally, the participants will enhance their cultural competency skills to address the increased demographic shifts across the nation.
Who should participate?
Institute participants include:
- College and university personnel, police, state troopers, K-12 personnel, business and industry personnel and leaders, as well as personnel from groups and organizations responsible for keeping their clientele safe.
- Administrative leaders in colleges and universities, public safety (troopers and police officers), the governor’s office, game wardens, superintendents and principals at K-12 institutions, and business and industry leaders will identify staff to participate in the Public Safety and Crisis Management Institute at Unity College.
- Graduate students in the Unity College MSPS-Conservation Law program, as well as undergraduate and graduate college and university students enrolled in Criminal Justice programs, are also invited to participate.
Keynote and Workshop Speakers:
Friday Keynote: Mr. Karl Colder of the United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration will be offering the keynote address.
Workshop Leader: Mr. William Smith is the Director of the Georgia Institute of Technology Office of Emergency Preparedness.
Nationally recognized experts will deliver workshops that include:
- Active Shooters
- Civil Rights and Hate Crimes
- Communication Plans and Collaboration among First Responders
- Crisis, Disasters and Emergency Management Plans
- Cultural and Linguistic Competency for Disaster Preparedness Planning
- Emergency Preparedness and Crowd Management
- Environmental Protection: Bomb Threats, Chemical Safety and Hazardous Materials
- Managing Crisis with Drones and Artificial Intelligence
All workshops are designed to demonstrate how topic areas may be addressed should a real world situation occur. Sessions will provide high-quality practical preparation for unforeseen adversities.
Attendees are eligible for a Professional Development Certificate of Attendance in Public Safety and Crisis Management.
Thursday, June 21, 2018 from 4:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Friday, June 22, 2018 from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Unity College in Unity, Maine.
- $275 Full Package with overnight accommodations includes Thursday dinner, lodging, Friday breakfast and lunch, and all materials.
- $225 Commuter Package without accommodations includes Thursday dinner, Friday breakfast and lunch, and all materials.
- $80 Thursday ONLY includes Thursday meal and all materials.
- $180 Friday ONLY includes Friday breakfast and lunch, and all materials.
Final Registration: The FINAL day to register for the conference is May 15, 2018, or until capacity is reached.
Onsite/walk-in registration for the conference will not be permitted.
Overnight accommodations will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis and single-occupancy rooms are limited. PLEASE REGISTER EARLY!
ALL PARTICIPANTS are required to bring a valid ID for registration check-in.
All fees are non-refundable.
Groups of 5 or more participants should register as a group by contacting PSCMIevent@unity.edu or Ms. Stacey Hachey at (207) 509- 7151.
Airport shuttle vans will be available for attendees, on a limited basis. Roundtrip shuttle from/to Bangor Airport – $50 and Roundtrip shuttle from/to Portland Airport – $75. Arrangements and payments must be made in advance; information will be provided in future conference communications.
The nearest airports include: Bangor International Airport (45 minutes) and the Portland International Jetport (1 hour, 40 minutes). Car rental companies are also available at each airport. Please note that while attending the institute all activities on campus are within walking distance.
Unity College offers lodging throughout the summer, including before and after the Institute, for an additional fee. Please visit https://retreats.unity.edu/campus-accommodations/ when planning your visit.
Please email PSCMIevent@unity.edu or call 207-509-7151.Register Now!