Our framework for change
Mission: Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment and natural resources. Through experiential and collaborative learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens, environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
Sustainability Science Framework
- Sustainability science studies and addresses systems at the intersection of economy, society, and nature.
- Sustainability science is problem-based and solution-oriented.
- Sustainability science applies new ways of thinking and working together.
- Integrative : We provide trans-disciplinary learning experiences for our students.
- Systems-Focused : We prepare students to understand and protect natural systems.
- Applied Solutions : We ask students to take on real challenges and applied solutions.
- Inclusive : We ask students to employ diverse ways of thinking and respect diverse values.
- Measurable : We measure student contributions to a sustainable society.
- Integrative : We realize institutional goals using decisions that balance financial, social, and environmental values.
- Systems-Focused : Our operations promote the regeneration of our environment.
- Applied Solutions : Our campus models sustainable solutions to institutional challenges.
- Inclusive : Our institutional processes promote diversity and inclusion, inviting ideas from across and beyond the organization.
- Measurable : We measure institutional contributions to a sustainable society.