Nova Registration Process
How to Apply to Nova
Welcome to Unity College’s Nova registration process.
Students that have deposited for Fall 2018 at Unity College may register for the Nova Orientation Program. Nova is a unique and impactful program for our incoming students and is a required program for all Unity College students.
To Register for your Nova Trip
- To apply go online on your Unity College student portal
- Once in your portal, choose term Fall 2018
- Go to the left side of the screen and click on Student Orientation.
- Please print off the Warning of Inherent Risk and Health History forms, fill them out and return them to:
Unity College Nova
43 Quaker Hill Road,
Unity, ME 04988 Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Fax: 207-512-1199
To Register for your Nova Trip
Once Unity College receives your documents:
1. An email will be sent through your Unity College email. Processing documents can take up to two weeks.
2. Read the trip descriptions – Go to www.unity.edu/nova Click on Summer Nova, read the descriptions, and then choose the trip you would like to attend.
3. Go to your Unity College student portal
4. Choose term Fall 2018
5. Go to the left side of the screen and click on Student Orientation.
6. There will be a new link in your student portal to register for your Nova trip called Nova Trip Registration.
7. Fill your Nova Trip Registration.
You will receive an email confirmation within two weeks with your trip assignment and gear and equipment list.
If for some reason you cannot attend Nova this Summer
Deferral Appeal Process
We highly recommend that you attend your Nova trip just before entering Unity College. This experience fosters significant student growth and makes for a smooth student transition into life at Unity College. This opportunity helps with understanding Unity College from a student perspective, students develop long lasting friendships, and develop a sense of community. Only defer if necessary. If your appeal is approved you must attend a Nova trip in Summer 2019. You will be emailed in January about registering for your Nova trip.
How to appeal for Deferral
To appeal for a deferral please follow all the directions above. For step #7 – instead of filling out a Nova Trip Registration, please fill out the Deferral or Exemption Appeal. We will review appeals and email you through your Unity College email. This appeal may take up to two weeks.
Exemption Appeal Process
There are only certain and limited types of situations that qualify a student for exemption from the Nova program: physical limitations such as long-term illness or injury (Medical Release Required), family obligations, and full-time employment (not including seasonal work).
How to appeal for Exemption
To appeal for an exemption please follow the directions above. For step #7 – instead of filling out a Nova Trip Registration, please fill out the Deferral or Exemption Appeal. We will review appeals and email you through your Unity College email. This appeal may take up to two weeks.
If you have any questions please contact Jessica Steele, Director of the Outdoor Adventure Center at 207-509-7293 or Juanita Murray, Administrative Assistant at 207-509-7236 or email email@example.com.