Collaborative Learning Center
Located in the new academic building, the Collaborative Learning Center (CLC) is staffed by a team of committed professional staff and dedicated peer educators.
The CLC is a dynamic, well-respected one-stop shop and hub of activity that provides academic support to students and faculty. The CLC embodies student success values in support of the F2Y curriculum and is a role model among similar units at small, private institutions. Using innovative, data-driven practices, the CLC creates a high-quality living and learning environment that has demonstrated significant, positive impacts on student persistence and completion.
The mission of the Collaborative Learning Center is to assist and empower students to achieve academic success.
The Collaborative Learning Center Guiding Principles and Services at a Glance:
- We provide high-quality resources and strategically designed programs to meet student needs in the following areas:
- Academic Workshops
- We empower students by helping them develop the skills and confidence necessary to succeed in an academic environment.
- We realize that in order to enjoy academic, social, and personal success, students must believe in themselves and be actively engaged in their learning. Students should see the connection between what they learn today and who they want to become tomorrow.
- We hire, train and retrain qualified paraprofessional staff as Peer Educators to deliver individualized academic and personal support to students.
- We are committed to providing all staff members with ongoing professional development opportunities.
- We partner with Unity College faculty, staff and administrators to support students’ academic and professional success.
- We promote a positive, professional environment by sharing pertinent information and collaborating with all College constituents.
- We engage in ongoing evaluation and assessment of CLC programs and services and use both quantitative and qualitative data to inform our practices and drive new initiatives.]
WConline is an online scheduling software program that students can use to easily make appointments for tutoring, test proctoring or meeting with Academic Advisors, CLC staff, librarians, or staff from other departments using this system. Students will need to complete the registration on their first log in. Choose the desired contact from the drop-down menu and click on an empty time to schedule your meeting. You will be sent an email reminder of your appointment. Questions about using this program? Contact Lisa Bierre, email@example.com or call 207-509-7262.
Access the WConline program using the following link: https://unity.mywconline.com/
CLC Peer Tutoring Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.