Americans with Disabilities Act Coordination
Unity College supports the standards set forth in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, designed to eliminate discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities.
ACCESS UNITY offers specialized assistance and academic accommodations for students with documented learning differences or medical needs, to allow students with disabilities to participate as fully as possible in all aspects of Unity’s academic programs. Typical academic accommodations may include alternate testing environment, extended time for quizzes and exams, note-taking assistance, and assistive technologies such as Kurzweil 3000, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, or textbooks in audio format. ACCESS Unity also oversees specialized housing accommodations such as accessible rooms, single rooms, or emotional support animals (ESA’s). Students needing academic or housing accommodations should contact Lisa Bierre, ADA Coordinator/Learning Specialist, email@example.com, and submit academic and/or medical documentation to support their request. All inquiries and information are kept strictly confidential.
Unity College is committed to making individuals with disabilities full participants in its programs, services, and activities in compliance with Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and all other state laws.
The CLC offers specialized assistance with testing, note-taking and other and academic accommodations for students with documented, diagnosed learning differences. These services and accommodations are designed to allow students with disabilities to participate as fully as possible in all aspects of Unity’s academic programs. These services and accommodations are available only to students who provide documentation of their disabilities as certified by the CLC’s ADA Coordinator/Learning Specialist. Typical accommodations include note-taking assistance, isolated testing environments, extended time for quizzes and exams, proctored exams, test question interpretation and access to access to assistive technologies such as Dragon NaturallySpeaking and Kurzweil 3000.
Information and Forms for Students with Accommodations
- Special Accessibility and Accommodations Request Form 1: Housing Accommodations
- Special Accessibility and Accommodations Request Form 2: Mobility Impairment
- Special Accessibility and Accommodations Request Form 3: Academic Accommodations
- ADA Student Accessibility and Accommodation Request: General Information
- Accommodation Rights and Responsibilities
- Suggestions for Faculty and Campus Worksite Supervisors Regarding Students with Disabilities
- Links to Videos Intended to Help Students with Study Habits and Learning Techniques
- Special Accessibility and Accommodations Request Form 4: Emotional Support Animals (ESA)
- Request Form for Emotional Support Animal
- Health Care Practitioner Form