Paper Transcripts

Paper transcripts can be official or unofficial and may be either picked up at the registrar’s office or sent through the mail (transcripts whether official or unofficial are never faxed). If you order two or fewer transcripts there is no charge. If you order more than two you will be charged $2 for each additional copy. You may pay by cash, check, money order or place a credit card order over the phone.

To Order a Paper Transcript:

Under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 student transcripts are considered private. Therefore, only the student can request that we send their transcript to another person. It is college policy to require the signature of the student requesting the transcript -telephone or email requests for a paper transcript cannot be processed. To obtain an official transcript, you must complete and mail or fax the Transcript Request Form.

Send your completed transcript request form to:

Unity College Office of the Registrar
90 Quaker Hill Road
Unity, ME 04988
Fax: 207-512-1208


Electronic Transcript

Electronic transcripts are sent via the National Student Clearinghouse. If the agency requesting a copy of your transcript requires an electronic copy, if you are requesting that your transcript be sent a long distance from Unity and it needs to be there quickly or if you are simply striving to use as little paper as possible, this may be the option for you. Unity College is not charging a fee for electronic transcripts; however, the National Student Clearinghouse charges a fee of $4.00 per copy. You will need a credit card to use when placing your order. Also, please note that your electronic transcript will expire after 30 days.

To Order an Electronic Transcript:

Students who are planning to order an electronic copy will need to go to To help the process go smoothly, you may want to gather some information before you start, including:

  • Social Security number
  • The person or organization’s name where you want the transcript sent
  • The person or organization’s mailing address
  • The person or organization’s email address
  • The credit card that you will be utilizing to place the order
Please note that the credit card you use will not be billed until the transcript has been sent. Each transcript will cost  $4.25.
The Recipient
You may want to let the recipient of the transcript know that you have requested an electronic transcript be sent to them so they are aware of the pending delivery.
Consent to Release Information
If you requesting that a transcript be sent to anyone other than yourself or a representative of a college or university, you will be required to print the Consent to Release Information form and either mail or fax the form to the National Student Clearing House.

General Information

For questions about your transcript, email: or call 207-509-7219.

College policy prohibits issuing transcripts to any student indebted to the College. The issuance of partial transcripts is also strictly prohibited.

To change the name on your academic record, you must present to the registrar an original copy of the legal documents supporting the name change request.