High Angle Rescue Training
This three day course covers aspects of High Angle Rescue including proper use and techniques of rope and rescue equipment.
This three day course covers aspects of High Angle Rescue including proper use and techniques of rope and rescue equipment. This course is both theory and practical with emphasis on utilizing basic techniques to solve varied and compounded problems, through practical scenarios based on actual rescue situations.
Below is a list of some of the topics this course will cover:
- Risk Management/Assessment
- Review of Rope & Rescue Equipment
- Proper Use & Maintenance of Equipment
- Knot Tying Techniques
- Variety of Belay Techniques
- Rigging Systems
- Patient Packaging
- Raising & Lowering of Patient in Litter Basket
- 18 years old at the time of the course
- Prior climbing experience preferred
- Completed Unity College’s Beginner Rock Climbing course or equivalent
Unity College Willard Climbing Wall and local parks.
Unity College: $450 (All equipment will be provided)
Non-Unity College: $550
Unity College does not have housing accommodations during the academic school year. Please go to this link for local options: Accommodations and Attractions.