SOLO Wilderness First Aid and WFR Recertification
The WFA is the perfect course for the outdoor enthusiast or trip leader who wants a basic level of first aid training for short trips with family, friends, and outdoor groups.
The WFA is the perfect course for the outdoor enthusiast or trip leader who wants a basic level of first aid training for short trips with family, friends, and outdoor groups. It also meets the ACA guidelines. The WFA focuses on the basic skills of: Response and Assessment, Musculoskeletal Injuries, Environmental Emergencies, Survival Skills, Soft Tissue Injuries, and Medical Emergencies. SOLO Wilderness First Aid course covers the following:
- Anatomy of a Wilderness Crisis
- Anatomy of the Musculoskeletal System
- Backcountry Essentials
- Cold-Related Injuries
- Environmental Emergencies & Survival Skills (including lightning)
- Heat-Related Injuries
- Medical Emergencies & Critical Care
- Patient Assessment System
- Patient Lifting & Moving
- Principles of Fracture Care
- Rescue Plan
- Response & Assessment
- Soft Tissue Injuries & Medical Emergencies
- Spinal Cord Injury Management
- Sprains & Strains
- The Human Animal
- Trauma-Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Trauma-Soft Tissue Injuries
- Universal Precautions
- Use of Epinephrine
- What is Wilderness First Aid?
If anyone currently has a SOLO WFRs certification they may take this course to recertify for another three years. SOLO WFR cards must be current. We do not accept any other organization WFR cards in this course.
Current CPR card
Please bring a copy of your card to class.
November 2-3 | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
April 18-19 | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Koons Hall 203
Unity College – $130
Non-Unity College – $150
WFR Recertification – $180
Unity College does not have housing accommodations during the academic school year.
Please go to this link for local options: Accommodations and Attractions.