SOLO Wilderness First Aid and WFR Recertification
The WFA is the perfect course for the outdoor enthusiast or trip leader who wants a basic level of first aid training for short trips with family, friends, and outdoor groups.
The WFA is the perfect course for the outdoor enthusiast or trip leader who wants a basic level of first aid training for short trips with family, friends, and outdoor groups. It also meets the ACA guidelines. The WFA focuses on the basic skills of: Response and Assessment, Musculoskeletal Injuries, Environmental Emergencies, Survival Skills, Soft Tissue Injuries, and Medical Emergencies. SOLO Wilderness First Aid course covers the following:
- Anatomy of a Wilderness Crisis
- Anatomy of the Musculoskeletal System
- Backcountry Essentials
- Cold-Related Injuries
- Environmental Emergencies & Survival Skills (including lightning)
- Heat-Related Injuries
- Medical Emergencies & Critical Care
- Patient Assessment System
- Patient Lifting & Moving
- Principles of Fracture Care
- Rescue Plan
- Response & Assessment
- Soft Tissue Injuries & Medical Emergencies
- Spinal Cord Injury Management
- Sprains & Strains
- The Human Animal
- Trauma-Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Trauma-Soft Tissue Injuries
- Universal Precautions
- Use of Epinephrine
- What is Wilderness First Aid?
This course will also include a CPR course. If you have a current CPR card and do not want to take the CPR course please bring a copy to the class.
If anyone currently has a WFRs certification they may take this course to recertify for another three years. WFR cards must be current.
April 12, 2019 – 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m, April 13– 14, 2019 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Koons Hall 203
Unity College – $130
Non-Unity College – $150
WFR Recertification’s – $180
Registration for this course is currently closed.
Unity College does not have housing accommodations during the academic school year.
Please go to this link for local options: Accommodations and Attractions.