International Sustainable Development Track
A business degree in international sustainable development
Building sustainable connections between organizations, governments, and society.
B.S. in Sustainable Business Enterprise – International Sustainable Development Track
In the third and fourth years of study, Sustainable Business Enterprise students select one of four tracks: Sustainable Energy Management, Sustainable Tourism, Sustainable Agriculture or International Sustainable Development.
In addition to the core business skills, with the Unity College B.S. in Sustainable Business Enterprise – International Sustainable Development Track you will:
- Address population growth, social justice, urbanization, trade, and climate change
- Imagine innovative solutions: local, regional, and global
- Get international experience while still a student
- Explore the interrelationships among businesses and emerging social systems worldwide to address pressures such as population growth, food security, poverty, inequality, urbanization, technological change, international trade, and environmental change at the local, regional and global scale, and devise innovative solutions
- Learn the principles, skills, and research/analysis methods to implement sustainable projects that work with a community to achieve an agreed upon outcome, all while understanding and responding to the individual differences and diverse cultures of customers, suppliers, employees and industry peers
- Understand the history and current status of important international policy issues such as nationalism, globalization, security, the United Nations, the role of women in international relations, and environment and population in developing countries
What You Will Study in Sustainable Business Enterprise – International Sustainable Development Track
Core business courses for the B.S. in Sustainable Business Enterprise:
- Entrepreneurship for a Better World
- Society and Sustainability
- Green Building
- Sustainable Ecotourism
- Sustainable Management and Leadership
- International Development and Sustainability
- Resolving Environmental Challenges
- Business Capstone in Strategic Management
Business courses for the International Sustainable Development Track:
- Society and Sustainability
- Global Environmental History
- World Politics
Internships in Sustainable Businesses
Internships with successful sustainable business and social organizations are an important component throughout the course of the program.
Sustainable Business Enterprise students will travel to and work with regional, national, and international real-world institutions, taking advantage of Unity’s position at the nexus of a large network of successful sustainable business and social organizations.
Careers in Sustainable Business Enterprise
As a Sustainable Business Enterprise graduate from Unity, students have a wide range of career options available. Employers are interested in hiring managers who understand business, the natural environment, and working with people. The Sustainable Business Enterprise major is designed to give students the skills and experiences needed to start and run successful sustainable business and social enterprises, or to work for existing enterprises in a leadership or managerial position.