Sustainable Agriculture Track
A business degree in sustainable agriculture
Growing small-scale, local, sustainable agriculture for healthy communities.
B.S. in Sustainable Business Enterprise – Sustainable Agriculture Track
In the third and fourth years of study, Sustainable Business Enterprise students select one of four tracks: International Sustainable Development, Sustainable Energy Management, Sustainable Tourism, or Sustainable Agriculture.
In addition to the core business skills, the Unity College B.S. in Sustainable Business Enterprise – Sustainable Agriculture Track will teach you to:
- Apply knowledge of plants and soils to your own farming project
- Understand the systems and impacts of environmental change
- Gain transferable problem-solving and advocacy skills related to sustainable agriculture
- Analyze issues of farm viability, environmental impact, and the interrelationships between farms and their surrounding communities.
- Learn strategies used by farmers to create successful small-scale, diversified, sustainable farms, and how to problem solve and advocate for the role of agriculture in building healthy communities.
- Explore the economic, social, and ecological sustainability of various farm models, covering soil management, pest management, livestock husbandry, irrigation, crop planning, labor management, financial analysis, and marketing.
- Learn how politics, economics, culture, and geography shape what people eat, and how food and agriculture affect our way of life and our environment.
What You Will Study in Sustainable Business Enterprise – Sustainable Agriculture Track
Core business courses for the B.S. in Sustainable Business Enterprise:
- Entrepreneurship for a Better World
- Society and Sustainability
- Green Building
- Sustainable Ecotourism
- Sustainable Management and Leadership
- International Development and Sustainability
- Resolving Environmental Challenges
- Business Capstone in Strategic Management
Business courses for the Sustainable Agriculture Track:
- Issues and Food and Agriculture
- Sustainable Agriculture Systems
Internships in Sustainable Businesses
Internships with successful sustainable business and social organizations are an important component throughout the course of the program.
Sustainable Business Enterprise students will travel to and work with regional, national, and international real-world institutions, taking advantage of Unity’s position at the nexus of a large network of successful sustainable business and social organizations.
Careers in Sustainable Business Enterprise
As a Sustainable Business Enterprise graduate from Unity, students have a wide range of career options available. Employers are interested in hiring managers who understand business, the natural environment, and working with people. The Sustainable Business Enterprise major is designed to give students the skills and experiences needed to start and run successful sustainable business and social enterprises, or to work for existing enterprises in a leadership or managerial position.
Our Expert Faculty
Our accomplished faculty are dedicated to helping you drive real change through leading-edge knowledge and expertise.