UC Alert System
RAVE Mobile Safety
The Rave Mobile Safety alert system allows the College to send immediate updates during emergencies through email, social media (Facebook and Twitter), and text message.
We use this system to announce weather closures, so you can get the news immediately no matter where you are or whether you have internet access. We use it to keep you informed of dangerous situations on campus, and even to allow you to tell the school you are safe during an evacuation.
We ONLY use this system for emergencies and closures, you never get a text (other than system tests) unless there is urgent information you need to stay safe.
Students and Employees: confirm your contact information
- Log into My Unity and select “UC Alerts (Rave)”
- Here, you will find the contact information that we have on file for you. You can test and confirm your mobile numbers and email addresses here, too. If your contact information is incorrect, students should visit the CAMS Student Portal and update your contact preferences. Your changes will show up in Rave within 12 hours. Employees should update their personal information using ADP.
- Students can add additional mobile phone numbers and email addresses to their account for parents so that they are notified should there be an emergency on campus. Students may add up to three mobile phone numbers and two additional email addresses.
Campus guests and vendors can opt in by texting “UCAlert” to 78015. Your subscription to the service will expire in 90 days, at which time you will have the option to re-subscribe. When you no longer want to receive UC Alerts, you can simply text “STOP UCAlert” to 78015.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Rave Alert system used?
The Rave Alert emergency notification system is used only for the following purposes:
- To notify you in the event of an emergency situation that exists at Unity College.
- Inclement weather announcements about delays or cancellations.
- Periodic tests of the Rave Alert system.
Is there any cost to use Rave Alert?
Rave Alert system will not charge you in any way. Standard or other messaging charges may apply depending upon your wireless carrier plan and subscription details.
I’m a parent of a Unity College student. May I subscribe to Rave?
You cannot subscribe directly. However your student has the option to add additional contact numbers and email addresses to his/her account via the CAMS Student Portal. You can ask your student to add your contact information to his/her account on your behalf.
What if my cell number or email address changes?
- Students: If your cell number changes, login to the CAMS Student Portal to update your contact information.
- Employees: At any time you may update your personal information using ADP.
How do I identify incoming messages from Rave Alert?
All messages will start with “UC Alert:” or simply “Alert” will contain the College name and will come from a shortcode address (not a standard telephone number.)
How do I stop getting messages?
- If you are a student: Login to the CAMS Student Portal, and change your communication preferences. You cannot opt-out of receiving Rave messages at your Unity College email account.
- If you are an employee: Update your personal information using ADP. You cannot opt-out of receiving Rave messages at your Unity College email account.
- If you are a guest or visitor: text “stop ucalert” to 78015.
Who do I contact for assistance?
If you need technical assistance, please contact the Unity College IT department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-509-7110. If you have questions about how the Rave system is used at Unity College, please contact the Dean of Students at email@example.com.