SOLO Wilderness First Aid and WFR Recertification at Sky Lodge
The WFA is the perfect course for the outdoor enthusiast or trip leader who wants a basic level of first aid training for short trips with family, friends, and outdoor groups.
The WFA is the perfect course for the outdoor enthusiast or trip leader who wants a basic level of first aid training for short trips with family, friends, and outdoor groups. It also meets the ACA guidelines. The WFA focuses on the basic skills of: Response and Assessment, Musculoskeletal Injuries, Environmental Emergencies, Survival Skills, Soft Tissue Injuries, and Medical Emergencies. SOLO Wilderness First Aid course covers the following:
- Anatomy of a Wilderness Crisis
- Anatomy of the Musculoskeletal System
- Backcountry Essentials
- Cold-Related Injuries
- Environmental Emergencies & Survival Skills (including lightning)
- Heat-Related Injuries
- Medical Emergencies & Critical Care
- Patient Assessment System
- Patient Lifting & Moving
- Principles of Fracture Care
- Rescue Plan
- Response & Assessment
- Soft Tissue Injuries & Medical Emergencies
- Spinal Cord Injury Management
- Sprains & Strains
- The Human Animal
- Trauma-Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Trauma-Soft Tissue Injuries
- Universal Precautions
- Use of Epinephrine
- What is Wilderness First Aid?
If anyone currently has a WFRs certification they may take this course to recertify for another three years. WFR cards must be current.
Current CPR card
Please bring a copy of your card to class.
If you don’t have a current CPR card, a CPR course is being offered the night before this class.
Register for CPR here.
November 7-8 | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sky Lodge in Moose River, Maine.
Unity College – $130
Non-Unity College – $150
WFR Recertification – $180
Lodging is available at Sky Lodge for an additional rate.
Unity College students: $20 per night
Unity College employees: $65 per night
All others receive a 10% discount. Contact Sky Lodge to make arrangements.