Unity College is very happy to welcome you to our community! Unity prides itself as a close knit community and our Nova program is the beginning of this journey. These trips are designed to support the transition to college life by emphasizing on personal growth, building social connections and promoting environmental stewardship. Because of the important role that this program plays in facilitating a successful transition to college, all students are required to participate in Nova.
- Small group adventure-based experiences (approximately ten students and two staff)
- Activities such as: canoeing, kayaking, hiking, meditation, primitive skills, community building games and initiatives
- Service projects that provide students a chance to give back to the wild and scenic places they’ll be exploring
- Leave No Trace Awareness program
- Service project will provide you with a chance to give back to the wild and scenic places you’ll be exploring
- Leave No Trace awareness program
- All trips are led by well-trained Unity College students or Alumni
Students can expect to be actively involved with all aspects of the trip. These aspects include planning, cooking, decision making, risk management, and other camp-related responsibilities. Summer Nova trips are scheduled each week of August.
Students that cannot attend the Summer Nova program will be required to participate in the Summer of 2020. Qualifications for deferment include physical limitations such as a temporary illness or injury. There are only certain and limited types of situations that qualify a student for exemption from the Nova program. These would be reviewed on an individual basis.
If you have any questions please contact Jessica Steele, Director of the Outdoor Adventure Center at 207-509-7293 or Juanita Murray, Administrative Assistant at 207-509-7236 or email email@example.com.